Preparation of LYMPHOSEEK
- For each patient, the total injection volume and the number of sites to be injected should be known before preparing LYMPHOSEEK.
- Each radiolabeled LYMPHOSEEK vial contains sufficient amount to provide doses for up to four patients when prepared according to the instructions. The radiolabeled LYMPHOSEEK is to be used within 6 hours of its preparation.
- In animal studies, locally injected anesthetics have been reported to reduce lymphatic flow. Co-injection (mixture) of local anesthetics with LYMPHOSEEK is not recommended and may impair the lymph nodal mapping.
Recommended Dose of LYMPHOSEEK
- 18.5 MBq (0.5 mCi) radioactivity dose
- 50 mcg mass dose
Recommended Total Injection Volume
- 0.1 mL in 1 syringe
- 0.5 mL in 1 syringe or multiple syringes (0.1 or 0.25 mL each)
- 1 mL in multiple syringes (0.2, 0.25 or 0.5 mL each)
Recommended Injection Routes
- Recommended administration routes are subcutaneous, intradermal, subareolar, or peritumoral
Recommended Time from Administration to Lymphatic Mapping
- From 15 minutes up to 15 hours post-injection
Educational and technical support for the use of LYMPHOSEEK is available through the Cardinal Health Medical Science Liaison (MSL) and Medical Affairs teams.
For more information about the Dosage and Administration of LYMPHOSEEK, view the full Prescribing Information.